Friday, February 27, 2009

Thing 29: Google Tools

This week I taught my students about online search strategies for Google. Over the weekend they will be using Google Scholar to find articles for their research topic. For my students, I am going to post the link to

Google Alerts On Your Research Question Or Topic

so that they can get updates on the latest news or scholarly articles on their topic.

I personally have used Google Alerts for many research topics, and have found it incredibly convenient as I check my email more frequently than any other website.

Alerts.com is a new service for me. I checked out the Craigslist Alerts through this site, as I am interested in buying a car but don't always have time to check Craigslist every day. Now I will get Alerts sent straight to my email every day for potential cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment