Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thing 30: RSS Feeds and De.li.ci.ous

I subscribe to RSS feeds through LiveJournal for BBC News, Librarian's Internet Index, The Straight Dope, Margaret Cho's blog, and a travelogue written by my friend from Israel. Some people use LiveJournal or their other blogs strictly as RSS readers. I should figure out how to set up RSS feeds through Blogger. I get RSS feeds from the NYTimes through Twitter as well.

I created a de.li.ci.ous account last year to organize my bookmarks for LGBT and culinary websites. I still have a long way to go on that project, as I continue to find excellent websites...they are bookmarked on my home and work computers, and I catch up with entering them in de.li.ci.ous as I have time. I don't keep up with de.li.ci.ous that much because I do not experience as much social networking as I would like. I expected that fellow de.li.ci.ous users would use the site to share websites with others, chat about them, and talk about their research, but this was not my experience. This leads me to believe that most de.li.ci.ous users are using the service simply to organize their bookmarks, in spite of the extra features of the site. I did read the article about The Several Habits of Wildly Successful de.li.ci.ous Users, however, and will give it another shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment