Friday, June 12, 2009

Thing 41:Mashup Your Life

Exactly what I need--a website that combines the content from all of my web services in one location. By using Ping.fm to post, this seems like it would be an ultra-efficient system. Unfortunately, very few of the personal mashups include all of the services that I use (LiveJournal is an oldie but goodie--I will be running for a LiveJournal Advisory Committee position, BTW-post coming soon), and not all of them allow for additional social networking. Some of the mashups are also quite new and not well-known, so most of my friends or professional contacts have yet to discover them.

I tested Superglu. Great for reading your own blog posts, but not so great for social networking or Twittering. I also tested FriendFeed, as this would allow me to create a site where a select group of people could read and comment on my posts from one location, but none of my friends have a FriendFeed account, and I am not sure how many would want one. Profilactic also looks like a good site for the same reason. I will have to advertise these sites to my friends and professional contacts and see which one they like best...that will be the best way to decide which mashup I should use and promote.

No comments:

Post a Comment