Friday, March 20, 2009

Thing 31: More Twitter

At work the librarians were discussing the possibility of setting up a blog where we could post about our professional development activities, such as conferences and workshops. One librarian suggested that we use Twitter for this. I think that would be a great idea, if we could have those tweets sent to everyone's email or something. Not everyone wants to log into yet another website to access information at work.

It would be terrific to tweet about new additions to our library catalog, such as the librarian who blogs for Tame the Web demonstrated. I am not sure if our ILS would be able to handle it, though.

In any case, I am still figuring out how to make Twitter for my daily information gathering activities. I bookmarked the 23 More Things on a Stick Wiki to keep trying out those features.

No comments:

Post a Comment